Friday 23 August 2013

US 155mm Long Tom Platoon

Hello All

This is my fourth platoon for Colours 2013 painting challenge. This was a very quick platoon to paint and has given me a lot more energy to get onto the remaining units.
One thing I might need to come clean about is I picked up the wrong 155mm artillery... my list has the normal 155mm artillery not the 155mm Long Tom's... hopefully no one will mind?
The kit itself was fairly easy to put together, it only needed the smallest about of cleaning up and gluing, although the wheel section did take me two goes to do.
 Game wise this platoon is designed to combined with a 105mm artillery platoon to give me a AT 5, FP 3+ bombardment. Hopefully on the defence and with Time on Target this will ripe through most units.
Next up is either a platoon of Towed Tank Destroyers or a platoon of 105mm Artillery. I haven't quite made up my mind yet, although if I do the Towed TD's thats a big platoon behind me.

Thanks for reading

Ben

6 comments:

  1. Those things are bloody huge! Makes my poor 25pdrs look mini in comparison.

    Nicely done per usual sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing Dai. Nice looking models, they look great in those pics... Could almost convince me of the merits of an American army...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monstrous guns to be sure! Nice job.
    Only 2 guns in the platoon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, and very impressive guns! Love the basing too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words guys.

    @Dai- yeah they make my 105mm look tiny too.

    @Scott- Yes only two as the plan is to combined fight with my 4 105mm artillery.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete