Wednesday 4 June 2014

Finnish Tank Hunters (Winter)

Hello all, another update for my winter Finns - the tank hunters. 

Though I'm planning to double them up as pioneers. I'm able to do this I feel as the models just lend themselves to it, all sculpted with strange bits and pieces of equipment - really if there was a flamethrower model they'd be perfect.
To make sure they can run as EW pioneers I needed an extra 4 man base than what comes in the two blisters, thankfully with a few spare from the Jääkäri platoon blisters I can mix them in easily.
The models themselves are nice, there was a fair bit of flash and even a miscast but nothing two noticeable I think. The sculpts specific for this set are really nice, the 'pioneers' especially are beautiful. The anti tank rifles I'm a little more on the fence regarding the designs though.
I painted them as the rest of my army, though used more green from the helmet on the equipment, which I think works. I'd be lying if I said this was an easy batch to paint, the white is an arse to layer and with so many figs it was a little soul destroying.
Game wise I see the pioneers as a great option in EW and not bad in MW and LW all being AT4 - the only downside in EW is CV not FV sadly. The role as a tank hunter I'm in two minds though, having these platoons dedicated as opposed to combat attached in MW really reduces their usefulness I feel, just leaves them out a little on a limb - too small to fight independently. I think in MW where they can join the Jääkäri teams they will be far more useful.

Anyway hope you like them, until next time

Adam 

2 comments:

  1. Looking great Adam. You've really stuck at it with your Finns. Are there many more to go? Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... Sadly yes... Think I'm going snow blind

      Delete