Sunday 6 April 2014

Stugs for WWPD For Vets

Hi guys

Unfortunately this year I was away on a family break over the WWPD for Vets weekend.  However I did want to do something at least.

I don't have a tonne of space, as a result I keep my toy collection as small as possible, so spares are in short supply.

However I did come across these...
The front three are resin, the back four plastic.  The grey is because when I first read about modulation I was desperate to try it out and I happened to have 3 shades of grey (which is 47 less than I needed...groan)

Anyway, I figure a repaint and I'll stick them on eBay, it's not much, more of a gesture really, but I'd rather do something than nothing.


Couple of hours later (well more like 5) we have some fairly basic modulation and some camo stripes.  Unfortunately the camo stripes got a bit thick in places, which is the problem with doing it over a modulated base, as it's nigh on impossible to correct.  Hopefully I can make good with the weathering process.

Well actually, it wasn't too hard...

Anyway here they are all ready for eBaying

Quick plea to anyone reading this...please check out WWPD for Vets, thank you.

The four plastic stugs from open fire. eBay Auction Here







...and...three resin Stugs (one is a StuH42) eBay Auction Here





6 comments:

  1. They look really nice. What colours did you use for the dunkelgelb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ammo by Mig Jimenez, if you can get your hands on some it's awesome... then again you don't seem to suffer from the Vallejo issues I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently got some of the AK Interactive Dunkelgelb paints. I still prefer my vallejo I think. I guess it is all what you get used to.

      Delete
    2. Did you see the King Tiger I posted this week? It is a little different: http://rustandthecity.blogspot.ca/2014/04/desperate-king-tiger.html. I'd be interested to hear what you think of the rust primer layer.

      Also, I was thinking about your T-34 question about similar looking tanks when I was painting another Panzer IV platoon. I tried adding lots of stowage and bits to the platoon and it added a lot of individuality to the models. I love plastics but the lack of variation can be a bit annoying.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I saw it...made me want to give up painting :) You're too good...
      See, I can't get Vallejo to flow through my brush, I get about 5-10 seconds of spray and bang it's blocked, whereas the Ammo paints just keep flowing, which means I can focus on the job in hand instead of getting frustrated with constantly having to unblock my nozzle.

      When I bought my brush I went to a shop and said "I want the Badger Krome" they talked me into the H&S infinity and I often wonder if I'd have been better off with the Krome.

      Delete
    4. I've heard lots of good things about the Harder and Steinbeck airbrushes. If the ammo works for you that is great. I don't know where I can get it here with reasonable shipping. The AK stuff I've used is alright.I just don't really like how light the final colour is. I need to find a source somewhere nearby for AK or Ammo stuff as I am running low on the enamel wash I am using. I want to get some filters too.

      Delete