Friday 7 December 2012

US M18 Tank Destroyer Platoon

Hi All

More support for my fledgling US army. This time we have some M18's. I painted them in the same fashion as my M4A3 Shermans and I'm happy with the results. I also changed the crew of the Jeep for winter US crew from Skorzeny Commandos set I picked up before I knew the winter jeeps were being released by themselves. Not much more to say about the models so I'll let the pictures do the talking.






Behind you Fritz!
Arsenal
Tank Teams
NameMobilityFrontSideTopEquipment and Notes
  Weapon RangeROFAnti-tankFirepower
Tank Destroyers
M18 Hellcat GMCLight Tank200.50 cal AA MG.
  M1 76mm gun (late)32"/80cm2133+
Reconnaissance
.50 cal Recon JeepJeep---.50 cal AA MG, Recce.
M20 Scout CarJeep100.50 cal AA MG, Recce.

www.EasyArmy.comSource document: Nuts!

I'm planning on doing a second unit of M18's as part of my Tale of Two Winter Gamers 101st Airborne army. With this I will have the core I need for a Tank Destroyer Company, but more on that later.

As always thanks for reading and until next time.

Ben

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you have the jeep going through the snow and the slush on the tires/running boards. Little touches like that take well painted miniatures to the next level, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guys

    I am loving working with the snow, it really adds to the atmosphere of the model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. What are you using for snow btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the Gale Force Nine Snow flock. I mix the PVA Glue with a bit of white paint and do two layers on the ground but only one of the tracks of the jeeps.

      Delete