Monday 4 February 2013

Tale of Two Winter Gamers - Month Three - 101st Airborne

Hello All,

Ben here with my slightly delayed TOTWG update (sorry for the delay, but I have been quite ill). Anyway this is more of a recap than of the month with a terrain update.

In January I have painted up my second Glider Artillery platoon, an AOP and a LMG Platoon. I also got quite a few games in playing 5 games at the Brighton Bash and one against one of my regular opponents Kevin Perry. I was really happy with the Brighton Bash, finishing 6th in my first FOW tournament was much better than I thought I would do.

My army for Brighton.
I was a little handicapped with terrain this month as I was ment to get a tube of Snow Flock along with some 57mm Anti Tank guns but the stockiest I ordered from messed up the order a little and so I didn't get the road add on set snowed up as I planned as I need the little snow I have left for miniatures. Instead myself and Winner Dave have swapped some terrain. He had snowed up some GF9 woods but afterwards had decided not to make a snow board, so I offend some of my "normal" based trees for his snowy ones. He also throw in some winter fences and another set of plowed fields.
I like what Dave has done to winter up the woods. With this what I have already and Adam's terrain we are pretty set now terrain wise. We just need to make some large hills, but I have a feeling they have to wait until March for that.

So moving on to February I have planned to paint up some Recon Jeeps and after that I'm not 100% sure what to do. I may look into a platoon of Shermans as a double up for this army and so I can run a US Tank Company. I also have the Corrivaly Tournament next weekend, which I'm really looking forward to!

Anyway thanks for reading and until next time

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment