Friday 1 November 2013

US Sherman Easy Eights

Hello All

Another bunch of my 7th armoured done and dusted, I have done 5 Easy Eights!
First thing I need to say is I love this model! It has the right balance between bulk, coolness and looks. These models were also a dream to paint. I will so sorry for some of the pictures, I'm not sure why but these just didn't come out as well as normal no matter what I did.

Gaming wise the Easy Eight is great piece of kit. With Anti Tank 13, Smooth Rider (which I keep forgetting) and movement 14 inches (again which I keep forgetting!) you have all the tools you could want to fight Axis armour. Not much more to say about these guys so I'll let the last few pictures do the talking.
Thanks for looking and keep an eye out for the more US armour soon.

Ben

6 comments:

  1. They look good. AT13 is a pretty good balance at the moment. Higher AT is really overkill. The Easy 8 special rules are really good. The extra movement is also great.

    Have you considered making a bit of a light box for photographing models in? I have some pictures of what I use here: http://rustandthecity.blogspot.ca/2012/06/budget-miniature-photography-my-tools.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cameron

      Funnily enough I ordered two photo lamps today on Winner's recommendation and he said he made a photo box using your guide. It will be something I do over the next month or so as I really need it now.

      Ben

      Delete
    2. I just made a larger one the other day to try and take larger platoon sized pictures and pictures on the tabletop with better light. I find I can't get a decent picture without using the little light box. It may just be my 7 year old camera though.

      Delete
    3. so how many pts for a full fat platoon ... may look good and i must say a nice paint job... do you get enough on the board at 1750pts?

      Delete
    4. You can get quite a few in a 7th AD list (in BGG 2 per platoon as upgrades)...

      In the 4th AD confident vet list i'm going to be slowly building I have three Easy Eights dotted around the rest of the Shermans to provide a bit of AT punch but they're ten points more expensive per tank than the CT 7th so I had to drop a two out to fit some other options into the list... like recon!

      Delete
  2. Ben, I think Camerons idea is good, my box is fine for single minis, but just isn't wide enough for a platoon. My first light box was a good size, but I had to sacrifice it to send a Peppa Pig space rocket in the post :(

    ReplyDelete