Monday 11 November 2013

I-153 and Soviet Anti Air Platoon

Hello All

Update number 3 for my Reading Warfare challenge, this time around a Plane and some Anti Air.
I don't want to say these are the runts of the list but in same ways they really are! Most of the list wrote it's self but I had a awkward number of points left, not enough for a nice 6th platoon so I ended up with the cheapest and some air support

The I-153 is from Shapeways and is 3D printed. I have thought about getting one for a while and finally took the plunge and I'm glad I. The detail was pretty good but with a few rough bits, but the best bit was the whole model came in one piece bar the propeller! Not annoying struts to glue on or wings to heat back into place. All I had to do was drill a hole for the flying stand. I was so happy with the model I'm thinking about getting a Henschel HS-123 if I do my planned France 1940 German army and count it as a Stuka.
The Anti Air was an awkward unit to work out what to do. They are a portee unit but the idea of conscript unarmoured trucks driving around a table did not appeal to me to the point I have not bought the truck versions! I had a later problem with them in that I only had 4 of the 5 teams turn up, so I made a command base up on a medium base to make up the numbers and to make them more obvious on the board.

Thanks for looking and until next time

Ben

2 comments:

  1. Yup, its official. I hate your list. Looking forward to seeing these in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well it's definitely a rock, paper scissors from my first 5 practice games. Still should be a good weekend. How are your FJ's coming along?

      Delete