Monday 13 October 2014

Call Me Mr Pink! Vietnam Pink Team Helicopter Squad

Hello All

After doing a load of Great War Germans I decided to mix things up a bit and get back to my Vietnam US. Having spent many months looking at the Helicopters on my desk I decided to start with a Cobra and a Loach pink team (so called as it's a mix of the White scout teams and the Red attack helicopter team), partly as they are in my first infantry army list and I wanted to do something small, but mainly as helicopters are cool!
The Loach was a great piece of kit, the plastic make it very quick to put together (especially compared to the other Helicopters in the range) and it looks very slick once done. I as always followed the guide on the Battlefront website but I do feel I put the back fin on at the wrong angle.

I had a lot of fun painting it and found the Vallejo Orange and Yellows surpisingly easy to use. The glass was done using Luftwaffe Grey adding in white, I messed around with a different style for me with the glass and on the Loach I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
For the second member of the pink team was the Cobra, I choice this over a Hog as the Hog's weapons systems look a lot harder to put together... and also the shark mouth looks very cool!
I painted this the same way I painted the Loach but I thought it was missing something, I then saw the cockpit was painted black on some of the studio Cobras and that looked like is made a big difference. The problem was I wasn't tidy enough and I had to repainted the glass, well after three or four attempts I couldn't get it back to how it looked on the Loach and I decided I was just making it look worst and worst. So I stopped trying to improve it and left it as you see it know. I'm not 100% happy with it as I know it looked better before I added the black, but I'm happy with the overall effect.
Next up I have a couple of Patton tanks before I move on to the infantry and then more Helicopters!

Thanks for looking an until next time just remember Charile don't surf!

Ben

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Man they look kick ass!
    Great job and just another reminder that I have some of these in my unbuilt/unpainted horde.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them look real good! Keep up the good works Sir! I agree with you on the tailfin on the Loach, mayhaps it is the difference between the Anzac and US version. More research is required I guess. The Hog's weapons are not that bad to work with but the ammo feed belts are a royal pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was more the ammo fed I was struggling with, I might just not sure it....

      Ben

      Delete