Wednesday 5 February 2014

Soviet Lend Lease Support

Hello All

I have finally got around to painting the Stuarts I have been talking about for a while now and have seemingly done everything in my power not to paint! At the same time I also painted up the Sturmovik I also need for the event and a company of Sherman 76mm for a future Lend Lease only force inspired by Steve's one.
The Stuarts are from the Plastic Soldier Company and our technically the wrong model, but they were the only Stuarts I could get my hands on in time for the event and the difference is only the turret. Also the way I look at it is a Stuarts a Stuart, as long as I don't use the same model for both types of Stuart it shouldn't be confusing. Also I loved the model so much when I did my US versions I wanted to build and paint them again.

The Shermans are also from The Plastic Soldier Company and were a lot of fun to build and paint. I did a small swap on them and used some spare Battlefront .50cals I had instead of the ones that came in the box as they are very flimsy. 
And finally the Sturmovik, this is the Battlefront version very kindly given to me by Cid. It was quite fun to paint but I did have a lot of trouble were the under camo joins the top camo on the wings. Game wise I have found this to be a waste of points and it will be dropped as soon as I get my hands on some Heavy Mortars and M17 Anti Air, but I don't have the time to buy the models and to paint them up before the event.
Well thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the post

Ben

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. I am impressed with your high volume of output!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cameron, I still have a load of tanks to go and then infantry. I put together another 14 tanks and 4 of the new rocket launchers yesterday and I still need to get 11 more shermans, 7 more transports and 10 IS-2s to do all the armoured lists I want to do.

      This may keep me busy this year!

      Delete