Thursday 18 December 2014

Vietnam US Infantry Company

Hello All

The last leg of my US leg infantry (pun of sorts intended) is finished! I will admit I was struggling to find the time to paint them up so I sent them over to our own Matt (Papa Bear) so I could finally start playing some games!
Matt painted the models while I did all the basing as I wanted to make sure it matched the Helicopters I had already done.
I tried to make the basing look like the guys were walking through elephant grass, to do this I used Warpainter Turfs. I'm pretty happy with the results.
As I talked about all the way back in January I have gone for the 25th Infantry to start with. The company is based on an force backed up by a Black Horse Cav platoon like in the book Black Horse Riders.
I also added a Slick to be an Observer for the artillery - this will be turned into a normal Slick when I add the options to use this guy as Air Cav. While I was tempted to start with Air Cav I decided that I had too many rules to learn so an infantry company with a few helicopters would be easier, and give me something to look forward too!
Confident    Trained  Rifle Company (25th Infantry)USA Vietnam
Infantry Company
PlatoonQtyUnitPoints
Headquarters
Rifle Company HQ p.47
2
1
Cmd M16 Rifle team
Medic team
35
Combat Platoons
Rifle Platoon p.47
1
6
2
1
Cmd M16 Rifle team
M16 Rifle team
M60 LMG team
M67 90mm recoilless gun
170
Rifle Platoon p.47
1
6
2
1
Cmd M16 Rifle team
M16 Rifle team
M60 LMG team
M67 90mm recoilless gun
170
Support Platoon
Tank Platoon (25th) p.37
2M48A3 Patton with loaders hatch .50 cal MG275
Blackhorse Cavalry Platoon Confident  Veteran   p.39
3
3
M113 ACAV
M551 Sheridan
335
Aeroweapons Platoon (25th) Fearless  Trained   p.19
1
1
UH-1B Hog
OH-6 Loach
155
Field Artillery Battery p.49
1
1
3
Cmd M16 Rifle team
Staff team
M101A1 105mm howitzer
100
C&C Helicopter p.51
1Observer UH-1D Chuck Chuck10
Company Points:1250
www.EasyArmy.comSource document: Tour of Duty Book

By the time you read this I will have played my first game against Jersey James' Vietcong, look out for an AAR very soon.

Going forward I would like to add the options for Air Cavalry (as I talked about above) early next year and I have my eye on either a full Black Horse Cavalry or Armored Infantry- going full Black Horse is the current club house leader.

I hope you have enjoyed the read and until next time

Ben

4 comments:

  1. Can't seem to see the Tropic Thunder crew in there?

    ...but seriously, those helicopters are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A compliment from gorgeous George... Must be good ;)

      Delete
  2. Ben, in your army list it has a UH-1B Hog, but in the photo there's an AH-1 Cobra. Which is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thatsa mistake, it should have been a cobra. That explains why I was able to the upgrades on the pattons which I wasn't able to before... Duh!

    ReplyDelete