Monday 17 March 2014

Beyond The Foxholes Episode 10


Hello All

Welcome to Beyond The Foxholes Episode 10.

We join Ben, Winner Dave, Adam and special guest Andy as they talk all things Flames of War.

In Act 1 the guys talk about what they have been up to, look at the latest news from Battlefront and cover our own tournament Breakthrough Assault 2.

In Act 2 we look at the current tournament meta, bring in our new section the Mail Bag, cover some over looked rules and talk about "when do you point out a mistake your opponent has made?" (in Adam's case never!).

In Act 3 we help Andy out with his list for The Art of War (this does turn into a petty competition between the 3 of us!) and round out the episodes by looking at some new lists ideas for Ben and Adam.


http://wwpd.libsyn.com/beyond-the-foxholes-ep-10

Thanks for listening

Ben

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I remembered the whole 5+ save thing for the flak 88's on the drive home - I meant to email Dave! Didn't make much of a change was still a great game. I hung them out as I was gambling you would either shoot them, and ignore another unit that I think had a line to your Commander - I think you saved his shots/I missed however.

    Live and learn.

    With the whole pointing out rules etc etc, my view is that I want to beat the player, not beat the rules - I'll point out rules and glaring obvious errors. There is a difference between going something stupid, and something wrong. I'll point out the key rules point - 'these guys have a spearhead, but can't move towards you if you can see them'. If the guy then deploys everything within woods and can't see. You've beaten the player, not the rules

    Look forward to seeing you guys at Art of War.

    Fez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fez, yeah sorry we got that one wrong, will defo remember it for next time.
    I'm not going to Art of War, lack of funds and Uni work are getting in the way atm, but Ben will be there.

    Really glad the job is going well for you, it sounds like you're freakin busy, but also doing some really cool stuff.

    Take it easy bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, sucks you'll miss me 'going full Hummel'. Just got my blog up, but its a bit bare bones - like you say, new job is awesome, but busy! Catch you around skipper,
      Fez

      Delete
  3. Re: points scorings in draws, there are no draws in Flames of War. In a fair fight, f neither side won, both sides lost, and you score the game as such. So it will never matter in a 'draw' if either side had nine platoons, as you score both players as if the other had won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we covered that we now there are no draws and you both lose? But lets be honest everyone calls it a fair fight draw and it's still played wrong thats why it was brought up.

      Ben

      Delete