Monday 22 July 2013

Where To Go With My Guards Armoured Recce Box Set?

Good morning boys and girls, Doctor Cox here and I have a question for you all!

Recently I came into possession of one of the Guards Armoured Recce Box Sets (BRAB07) and I'm in a quandary where to go. I thought I'd throw it open to the floor for some inspiration.

Option 1 'Desert Rats Armoured Recon' 

 Pros
  •  New from overlord Cautious movement on movement 16 tanks 
  •  Love a little reluctant veteran - not a rating I've used before
 Cons

Option 2 'Guards Armoured' 

Pros
  • Can be from both Overlord and Market Garden
  • You get CV Cromwell
  • Guards Rules 
  • The tokens in the box work with them
Cons
  • They're CV so trying to get 6 platoons in 1750 is hard!
  • In overlord they're CT with no 17pdr

Option 3 '11th Armoured Recon - The Black Bull'


Pros
  • CT so plenty of units
  • Love the idea of Luttrell
  • In both Overlord and Market Garden Books

Cons
  • Ben has done the Black Bull and think my list choices would be very similar to his.
  • Again no heavy 17pdrs in Overlord
  • CT is so easy to hit...
So people which option? I'm open to your thoughts.

Adam

11 comments:

  1. Guards Armored, the other two are already taken by Ben and Dr. Alex. Anyways the CV Cromwells would be sweet. This is what I would do, but its your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did miss option 4, Czech Armour http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/Czech-Armoured-Brigade.pdf

    CT, get platoons of Fireflies and get Hassar moves, I think they could be an interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problem with the Polish option is no Fireflies/challengers and only trained. Also they still have the old AT values for 17 pounders where as the Czechs have AT 15 17 pounders and Fireflies.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guards Armoured. I'll be marking my own the same. Unflappable is a nice rule to take into combat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will give you £50 for the box set. You are about to be nerfed by Naval Gunfire!!!
    Could swap it for some Tigers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's not that bad Robin, it's trained artillery and if it is it'll get a quick fix or will just get banned by TO.

      Ben

      Delete
    2. Yeah all we need for German lists is an off table u boat to deal with off table naval gunfire!

      Delete
  6. I like Guards Armoured, coz JOE's the man! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guards, tried 7th armoured and the Reluctant status was a nightmare even with the re-roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the advice Aled, still worried about anything allied and trained, paper feels thicker than armour!

    ReplyDelete