Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Soviet Matilda IIs

Good evening folks,

My (Winner Dave) next task in my all new Russian mid-war army was the Matildas.

These bad boys come from Zvezda, are are apparently snap together.  Well naturally I used glue.  In terms of a model I quite like them.  If it hadn't have been for the T-70s I'd like them more than I do, but the T-70s have set a new standard in my mind.

These Matildas were easy to put together, there is no denying that, but I found the clean up a right chore.

On to painting...here's the end result


I'm not going to go into detail as to how I painted these, I more or less followed the same recipe that I laid out for the T-70s with a few subtle changes.

I didn't go as bright with the highlights, I only applied 1 thicker layer of brown filter, the chips are more delicate.



Overall I'm pleased with the result, however I wish I'd gone that extra stage with the highlighting.  I think the paint job is more realistic than the T-70s, but somehow a bit too subdued.


Oh, yeah and this time I remembered to affix the decals before applying the weathering.

but not the track...doh!



Thanks for reading, take it easy...next up KV1s

Winner Dave

1 comment: