This week I managed to get a second commission finished in time for BA3, where I will be able to hand them over to my client.
First off, I want to get the overall effect lighter, much lighter. I dislike seeing the hordes of overly dark miniatures you see adorning our tables...keep it light people. For this I had no desire to change the paints I use, but to incorporate a greater degree of the lighter colours and also to stop being so heavy handed with the filters and black lining. Also I felt I wanted to incorporate edge highlighting, which leads to a lighter overall finish.
Secondly I wanted to achieve a cleaner finish. So often I find my finish is quite messy, and I end up looking at other painter's (Reuben, Cameron, Juha) results and I want to emulate that finish.
Thirdly, I wanted to ditch the sponge chipping technique and use my paintbrush, which involves painting the highlight colour first and then the grey/brown colour. I really like the outcome of this effect, I will improve as I do it more, but for a first stab I'm happy.
I hope my client likes them, if not I'd happily buy them off him.
Till next time
p.s. It's lose, not loose.