Tuesday 13 November 2012

US M4A3 76mm Sherman Platoon


Hello All

I got around to painting my first platoon for my US army, a platoon of M4A3 76mm Shermans.  This was my first attempted at painting US and I'm happy with the results. This platoon is part of my plan on painting up addition US tank platoons and other support to go along side my 101st Airborne Winter Challenge army. I hope to get at least an additional platoon a month painted up, next up some M18's.

The Shermans still need a matt vanish, but with the way the weathers been in the past few days I haven't been able to spray them.
Can't wait to get a game in with them.

Tank Teams
NameMobilityFrontSideTopEquipment and Notes
  Weapon RangeROFAnti-tankFirepower
Tanks
M4A3 (76mm) ShermanStandard Tank741Co-ax MG, Hull MG, .50 cal AA MG, Detroit's Finest, Protected ammo, Tank telephone.
  M1 76mm gun (late)32"/80cm2133+Stabiliser.


Thanks for reading and until next time 

Ben

11 comments:

  1. Go get popping Tigers already. These are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish. I had my first outing with them and ran into 3 King Tigers! It didn't end well....

      Delete
  2. They look very nice, and the beefed up frontal armour combined with that huge gun will make them a real challenge for the Krauts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking unit on a great looking table.
    Good work.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Guys.

    I hope to have my M18's finished soon. Really enjoying painting them so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking really good hombre - but whats you're rule - varnishing is 95%? so a long way to go lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint rules is:-

      Painting is 1% faces, 1% bases and 98% vanish.

      So yeah 98% of the model to paint

      Delete
  6. nice paint job mate, they look particularly good with all the painted scenery too!

    ReplyDelete