Sunday 19 February 2012

D-Day Campaign Weekend - Firestorm D-Day

Hello All,

I have always wanted to run a campaign weekend, I have taken part in a few and they are almost always my favourite memories I have about the hobby. So I have decided to have a go at running one! I was playing around with the idea of doing one based on Crete. Thinking it would be nice, small and a lesser used campaign, but when I spoke to my regular opponents and got a lukewarm response. So my next port of call would be D-Day. Almost everyone would have an army for it, it’s an icon battle and it wasn’t too hard to find material other players have done for a D-Day campaign to work from, my gaming group jumped on board so D-Day it was!

I'm have worked on converting the Battlefront Firestorm Rules Set with Firestrom D-Day rules from this forum and the Shifting Sands D-Day Campaign Weekend from the Battlefront Website, with my own twists. The idea being start on D-Day +1 (so the beachs are taken and now it's time to move inland) and go up to D-Day +11 (2 days per game turn).

I have found a good map from one of the above Sites , here is a link to a larger picture.

 The current plan is for this to be in the First Quarter 2013, I would like to run it sooner but I'm getting married in September and I don't want to do a bad job on either (and I don't think the future wife would be too happy with me if I was more focussed on something else other than the wedding!).

I have also written a draft rule set that can be downloaded here.

Well thats all for now, I'll keep you all updated as I start getting things together.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of this very much. Normandy campaign is what I find the most interesting.

    ReplyDelete