Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Late War Hungarians - Part 9 (My First Go With An Airbrush)

Hello All

Over Easter I had the chance to use my friend Dave's airbrush, so I took the opportunity to spray on some camo onto my Hungarian Panthers and Tigers. Now I have never used an airbrush to do anything other than a base coat so I was a bit worried, I was more worried when the camo didn't quite come out as I thought it would... so the models moved to the back of my painting pill, that was until today. I needed to get them done for this weekends FOW big game and so I found the guide I had been using on line and finished them off. So here is Ervin Tarczay and a platoon of Hungarian tigers.




I'm happy how they have come out, they look different to how I thought they would when I first planned on getting them sprayed up but overall I'm happy.


Ervin Tarczay




The Platoon


If anyone can pick out any rookie errors I have made please let me know!

Next up I'm planning on getting my 3rd platoon of Shermans painted for the weekend, if I have time I will also finish off my Hungarian Panthers. I wish I didn't have to paint the Shermans so I could go straight to the Panthers but I'm going to be strong and keep to my plan!


Thanks for looking.

Ben

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice paint job to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, looks like a solid paint job, and with the airbrush the colors look like they would on a real tank.. kudos to that mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya i like how it turned out. nice and blended. paint exposed to the elements would look worn and even subtle. great job Ben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guys. Glad you all like them.

      Delete